Hairdressing Professional VTCT
Level 2 Structure - Diploma for Barbering Route
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp.
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Style and finish men’s hair.
- Cut facial hair into shape.
- Shaving services.
- If successful with your 2-year Apprenticeship you can work in a barber shop and begin to build your client base.
- From there you can progress to complete your Advanced Apprenticeship Barbering L3, which is a 1-year programme.
How will you be assessed?
There are two pathways that you will take:
Consists of training and learning barbering skills, together with additional skills; professional values; professional behaviour and communication; functional skills: Maths and English. While “On Programme” you will build a portfolio of evidence & complete theory tests. Both practical and theory are graded as a fail/pass. At this stage you are assessed by centre staff at the academy.
Consists of preparing for your final End Point Assessment, which takes place around the last 3 months of your Apprenticeship programme. The EPA is an all day assessment and consists of practical and oral questions assessed by an outside assessor. This is graded as fail/pass/distinction.